IS THIS COMPETITION FOR YOU?
Are you passionate about food? Are you a talented chef, aged between 18 and 26 with buckets of enthusiasm? Do you have the drive and determination to push yourself? Then maybe you will be the next Young Chef of the Year!
In 2015 Euro-Toques teamed up with presenting partners La Rousse Foods to seek out the best culinary talents in the country whilst promoting its core principles: local seasonal ingredients, creativity, skills and a passion for Irish cooking.
We are looking for chefs who are capable of demonstrating and communicating Ireland’s culinary strength and recognising the importance of our own unique produce, traditions and heritage.
Read the information below then pick up your knives and ENTER HERE!
FOLLOW THE COMPETITION
Once the competition opens in June a few lucky young chefs will embark on are a great journey for the next 6 months.
To keep up-to-date with the progress of the competition follow us on social media:
- Like EURO-TOQUES IRELAND on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter: @eurotoquesirl
- Follow us on Instagram: eurotoques_ireland
- Join the conversation #YC2017
- You must be a professional chef or chef in training and be aged 18-26 throughout the competition, between 12th September and 31st December 2017
- You must have a mentor willing to help you through the competition – this is crucial as any contestant preparing for the final without a mentor is at a serious disadvantage
- The competition opens for entries on Monday 12th June 2017
- The deadline for applications is Tuesday 1st August at 12 noon
- Entries via the Online Entry form only (and social media, see form)
- After the online closing date, successful candidates will be notified as to whether they have made it through to the next stage of the competition and given further details.
- The format of the competition consists of a social media entry stage, a written stage and an interview stage which will lead to the selection of 12 semi-finalists who will go on to compete in the first culinary skills test. At this stage the judges will select the SIX FINALISTS who will battle it out in a final Culinary Skills test.
- The competition and Final Presentation Event will take place on Sunday November 19th, 2017