Are you passionate about food? Are you a talented chef, aged between 18 and 26 with buckets of enthusiasm? Do you have the drive and determination to push yourself? Then maybe you will be the next Young Chef of the Year!
Read the information below then pick up your knives and ENTER HERE!
FOLLOW THE COMPETITION
Once the competition opens in September, the next 3 months are a great journey for a few lucky young chefs. There will be lots happening along the way, so keep up-to-date with their progress and competition news:
- Like EURO-TOQUES IRELAND on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter: @eurotoquesirl
- Join the conversation #youngchef2016
You may even get the chance to attend one of the exciting events and sample dishes from Ireland’s hottest culinary talent- so look out for competitions!
- You must be a professional chef or chef in training and be aged 18-26 throughout the competition, between 12th September and 31st December 2016
- You must have a mentor willing to help you through the competition – this is crucial as any contestant preparing for the final without a mentor is at a serious disadvantage
- The competition opens for entries on Tuesday 6th September 2016
- The deadline for applications is Wednesday 22nd September at 12 noon
- Entries via the Online Entry form only (and social media, see form)
- After the online closing date, successful candidates will be notified as to whether they have made it through to the next stage of the competition and given further details.
- The format of the competition consists of a social media entry stage, a written stage and an interview stage which will lead to the selection of 10-12 semi-finalists who will go on to compete in the first culinary skills test. At this stage the judges will select the FIVE FINALISTS who will battle it out in a final Culinary Skills test.
- All stages and events will take place in Dublin